Friday, July 15, 2011

Is it damaging to straighten my hair to transition instead of cutting it off?

I'm 15 going on 16 and my mom refuses to let me cut my hair anymore than a little trim every 3 or 4 months. She's been relaxing my hair for maybe 4 or 5 years now, but I told her I didn't want them anymore and I stopped getting them the beginning of September 2010. The only part that is bone straight is my edges (which mostly are just the curls now because the relaxed part was damaged & fell off) but the other relaxed part is wavy so it's not that obvious. So now I'm almost to 10 Months and my hair is getting thicker with all sorts of textures. I've been washing my hair once every two weeks (with Suave) and applying a deep conditioner overnight and moisturizing it (daily) & then straightening it using a heat protectant (with silicone). Since the Silicone protects from heat and moisture I only straighten it once in those two weeks. & Since my mom refuses to cut it I'm stuck with the transitioning hair. I'm probably stuck with this transitioning hair until after senior year (2 full school years) I wanted to know if there is any way to tame these new curls and put my hair in some sort of style and with what products and how damaging what I am doing is. Tips, Advice, Help? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment