Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Will Coldplay put their album back to 2012?

I know it's been a long time, but hold on just a little bit longer. The album's drop is in sight! They've been very secretive about this album, so there's not much information on it, but I'll tell you what I can. I'm a huge Coldplay fan and joined coldplaying.com to keep tabs on all the news. If you didn't know, they have booked around 16 festivals over the summer. A kind of festival tour. There is speculation that they might play the first single of the new album at these festivals. There is also speculation that if they do play a new single at the festivals then they might release the single right before they do their festival gigs. The first one is June 3, I believe, so that's not too far off! Concerning the acutal album, it's been confirmed by the Oracle on coldplay.com that as a rep for Coldplay stated earlier that the album is due "towards the autumn". I'd expect a release date from anywhere between August to the end of October. And concerning "Wedding Bells", I'm not surprised they won't put it on there. They never put stuff on the album that they've already put out there to the world. It's a beautiful song though, so I hope that maybe it makes it to a B-Side. I would recommend joining coldplaying.com if you want to join in conversations about speculation surrounding this album. Keep an eye on Coldplay.com too. Roadie #42 gives a blog every few weeks on the progress of the album and the Oracle has slowly begun answering some questions about the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment